CODE OF CONDUCT
At OeSL we are dedicated to fostering respectful, enjoyable, and harassment-free gaming experiences for everyone regardless of sex, gender identity and expression, sexual orientation, race, ethnicity, disability, physical appearance, body size, age, or religion.
Every participant must behave with respect towards the representatives of the OeSL, press, viewers, partners and other players.
The participants are requested to represent esports, the OeSL, and their sponsors honourably. This applies to behaviour in game and also in chats, messengers, comments and other media.
Our Code of Conduct identifies four fundamental values as guides for positive and fulfilling engagement in gaming spaces, even while players compete with one another. These values can be observed being put into practice in all of the healthiest online communities:
Compassion: treat others as you would be treated; consider the perspectives of others.
Integrity: be honest, be committed, play fair.
Respect: respect all other humans, teammates and competitors alike.
Courage: be courageous in competition and in standing up for what is right.
Participants must not engage in harassment or hate speech in any form. This includes, but is not limited to:
- Hate speech, offensive behaviour, or verbal abuse related to sex, gender identity and expression, sexual orientation, race, ethnicity, disability, physical appearance, body size, age, or religion.
- Stalking or intimidation (physically or online).
- Spamming, raiding, hijacking, or inciting disruption of streams or social media.
- Posting or threatening to post other people’s personally identifying information (“doxing”).
- Unwelcome sexual attention. This includes, unwelcome sexualized comments, jokes, and sexual advances.
- Advocating for, or encouraging, any of the above behavior.
We do not tolerate harassment or hate speech in any form. Anyone violating these rules in our related communities and spaces will be dealt with at the discretion of activity organizers and stream moderators, and may include being banned from online channels and/or removed from events. If you observe harassment against someone, say something!